Tourism Management Dissertation Topics
Tourism management is the discipline that deals with the generalised management along with entrepreneurial, specialised and practical skills and competencies required for effective and efficient outcomes for recreation and leisure travel. Tourism is the fastest growing industry globally that has direct and indirect implications on economic, social and political indicators. In order to maximise the advantages and minimise the disadvantages from tourism development, the discipline has also included the perspectives of social sustainability and policy makers. Traditionally, the countries that have natural comparative advantage were seen as the focal point of the tourism industry, however the economic relationship of the industry has led the countries lacking such comparative advantage to use their history, heritage, culture, festivals and mega-events to promote and develop tourism. Topic suggestions below could help you narrow your research for your tourism dissertation.
• What are the key antecedents shaping domestic and overseas tourism preferences of British tourists?
• Development of decision making framework of British tourists in selecting tourist destinations during the summer holidays.
• Perception and attitude of millennials toward cruise holidays.
• Explicit or implicit factors affecting European city break package tours among British customers.
• Critical analysis of “I Amsterdam” city branding campaign to improve the negative image of Amsterdam.
• Perception and attitude towards Bangkok as a winter holiday destination among British tourists.
• Role of global terrorism in shaping the image of tourism destinations – Case study of Egypt and Tunisia.
• The implications of the Tsunami on the tourism industry in Phuket, Thailand.
• Role of strategic human resource management in developing sustainable competitive advantage in contemporary budget hotel chains.
• What makes South East Asia an attractive tourist destination during winter for British customers?
• The Role of London Olympics in enhancing the scope of tourism to the city.
• Perception and attitude toward Beijing’s world heritage tour among British tourists.
• Use of sporting events to develop tourism branding – Analysis of Qatar with regards to the FIFA World Cup.
• What are the disadvantages of tourism development and how can policy makers minimise them?
Critical evaluation of summer festivals in the UK as a source of domestic tourism development.
Choosing an appropriate and intriguing dissertation topic can be a challenge for undergraduate and graduate students. Many students are unable to decide which area of research can help them to attract the attention of readers. A good dissertation topic provides an insight into the objectives of research. It is recommended that students should identify their research interests and develop ability to perform research on a particular topic. When selecting dissertation topic, it is important to make sure that your chosen topic is not too narrowed or too general. Generally, the supervisors evaluate students based on their ability to embed current issues from their field of study. This article aims to help students to develop the most appropriate dissertation topic on hospitality, tourism and travel. Some really interesting tourism and hospitality dissertation topics are suggested below:
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
Tourism and Hospitality Dissertation Topics for 2018
How economic conditions of a country impacts its local tourism: Identifying the economic factors influencing tourism sector
Purpose: Through this research, economic factors which tend to impact the local tourism of a country are going to be highlighted and critically analyzed. Moreover this research is also going to weigh the economic upsides and downsides of these factors with respect to the local tourism.
Assessing the impact of social media platforms on tourism destination selection
Purpose: Social media has been playing a much broader role in different sectors for the past decade. This research is going to analyze the role which is played by different social media platforms in terms of selection of tourism destinations. This research is also going to shed light on the rationale and factors because of which people rely on social media to select their tourism destination.
Assessing the impact of government rules, regulations and policies on tourism development: case study of developing countries.
Purpose: The tourism sector of any country is greatly looked after by governmental and regulatory bodies. This research is going to analyze the role which is played by such bodies in terms of policy making and regulation implementation. This research has taken into context the developing countries because their tourism sector works differently from developed countries.
Analyzing the impact of natural hazards on tourism industry of UK: Recommending effective measures to minimize risk
Purpose: Increase in tourism tends to expose the host country towards natural hazards. There is a negative impact of such hazards on the tourism industry. UK is one of the countries with a successful tourism industry, this research is carried out in order to analyze the impact of such hazards on the efficiency of Tourism industry.
Assessing the factors and preferences which lead the tourist to travel to a dark tourism site
Purpose: With the increase in time, and shift in preferences of people with respect to tourism, dark tourism has been gaining immense popularity and success. This research is going to look into the factors which lead the tourists to select such places for their tourism destination.
Educational Tourism Dissertation Topics
This area of tourism has gained tremendous popularity among academicians and researchers in the recent times. It primarily takes into consideration technical competencies and new knowledge gained outside the classroom environment. Educational tourism brings to the light the idea of travelling to learn about the cultures of other nations. Exchange student programmes are perhaps the most commonly employed educational tourism strategy, allowing students to learn about the culture of the visited nation through work and travel. Possible area of research under this field of tourism can be any of the following:
- Educational tourism programmes and the impact of the popularity of visited nations
- Factors affecting the decision of British students to join international student exchange programmes
- Factors contributing towards the success of work & study programmes in the UK
- To analyse the satisfaction of international students enrolled in student exchange programmes in the UK
- To investigate potential marketing and communication tools to promote “any country” as the best place to pursue higher education
- What are the factors influencing British students’ decision to join academic year exchange porgramme in Japan?
- To examine the popularity of student exchange programmes offered by Chinese speaking countries
- To investigate the attitude and perception of British students toward summer camps
- Factors affecting the decision of university students to pursue a Placement Programme in the US
- To examine the satisfaction of university students returning from cultural exchange program in the US
Medical Tourism Dissertation Topics
Medical tourism is a new area of study in the tourism industry. The gap in clinical prices between developing and developed countries is significant, which is propelling a large number of patients to travel to far destinations to benefit from economical medical services. Although there may not be sufficient secondary data available to analyse in this area, it is likely to provide an interesting and intriguing research opportunity to students for their tourism dissertation topics.
- To investigate the causes to increasing number of British customers travelling to avail dental tour packages
- The efficacy of marketing and communication tools employed by Thai plastic surgery and extreme makeover service providers – An investigation into the attitude and perception of British travellers
- To identify and discuss critical marketing strategies to promote a weight loss centre in the UK
- Measuring customer satisfaction of British lesbians after having sex reassignment at Yanhee International Hospital, Bangkok
- To examine the factors influencing the decisions of British women to buy body contour tour packages in Easy Asia
- To investigate the extent to which Swiss weight control tour packages have influenced women in the UK
- How facial lifting package tours in East Asia are perceived by young British females?
- To understand and discuss the factors affecting buying decisions to benefit from extreme makeover tour packages in Eastern Europe
- How attractive are the plastic surgery makeover services to female British customers – A qualitative study
- How homosexual men choose medical tour packages for sex reassignment
Not Sure Which Dissertation Topic to Choose?
Use Our Topic Planning Service
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW
Tourism Management Dissertation Topics
Tourism management is perhaps the most interesting and influential areas in the tourism industry. It mainly involves travelling for the purpose of leisure and recreation. People travelling to other countries and outside their usual environment with the intent of leisure can be classified as tourists. It should be noted that the phenomenon of tourism has grown tremendously in the recent years, thanks to the impact of globalisation. There are many countries such as Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Maldives and Fiji, whose largest source of income comes from the tourism industry. In these countries, tourism generates a large intake of money and also provides opportunities for businessmen and working class. The suggestions below can help you to narrow your research for your dissertation.
- How British tourists perceive Chinese world heritage tour – A qualitative study
- To determine the factors that could help to promote London as the most attractive destination for Christmas shopping
- To identify the most popular tourist destination for British tourists during the winter
- An analysis of factors affecting employees’ motivation in luxury hotels of Dubai
- How the tourism industry of Thailand responded to the Tsunami
- Factors influencing British customers’ decision of purchasing Egypt tour packages
- Attitude and perception of British tourists toward Thailand as a winter holiday destination
- The increasing popularity of cruise travel in South Africa among British tourists
- To investigate the efficacy of integrated marketing communication tools to restore the image of Amsterdam as the best tourist destination in Europe
- Factors influencing British customers’ decision to choose a particular destination during the summer/winder holiday
Our expert writers can suggest topics and prepare a dissertation outline for you so you can complete your dissertation assignment in a timely manner. Learn more about our dissertation topic and outline service.
Hospitality Dissertation Topics
Hospitality industry consists of casinos, resorts, restaurants, hotels, catering as well as other businesses that serve the tourists. At its core hospitality can be defined as the relationship between a guest and the hotel. Other aspects of hospitality include but are not limited to liberality, friendliness, warm welcome, entertainment, goodwill, and reception. Modern day business pride themselves on their acts of hospitality. Some topics in this area of tourism are suggested below.
- To examine how popular travel agents such as eBrooker and Opodo are perceived by British tourists?
- To identify the factors influencing leisure hotel buying decisions of British customers?
- To identify and discuss the most important features of a leisure hotel which attract British honeymoon couples?
- To investigate hospitality practices of popular leisure hotels in Dubai
- What are the prime factors influencing restaurant selection decisions of young British couples?
- To investigate and review strategies employed by restaurants and pubs in London to keep their employees motivated
- The notable hospitality practices of Thai food restaurants in the UK
- To establish relationship between culture and leisure hotel buying decisions in London
- Creating brand sales and recognition through the use of integrated marketing communication tools
- Perception and attitude of UK customers toward the Hilton hotel in London
- To understand the relationship between customers’ buying decisions and leisure hotel hospitality features within the context of overseas holidays
- The impact of brand image of tourists’ buying decisions
“Complete this short online formand provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.”
Black Tourism Dissertation Topics
Black tourism, also known as dark tourism and grief tourism involves travelling to historical sites/places that are associated with the death, casualties and sufferings. Dark or black tourist sites such as battlefields, monuments, castles, Tsunami site, and Ground Zero are either man made or natural, and they are found commonly in Scotland, South Asia, China and Eastern Europe. Possible research topics under this field of tourism are listed below:
- How local communities can benefit commercially and socially from tours to death/casualty sites – A qualitative study
- Attitude and perception of tourists toward Taj Mahal in India
- To investigate and identify the factors influencing tourists’ decisions to visit grief sites in the UK
- To make Mercat Tour in Scotland a grief tourism site for potential tourists
- To develop a highly effective marketing strategy to promote London Dungeon among the tourists
- What are the primary factors influencing British tourists’ decision of choosing grief sites?
- Develop a marketing strategy to promote Beaumaris Prison in Wales as another black tourism site in Britain
- How manmade grief tourism sites are perceived by the British tourists?
- To compare manmade black tourism sites against the natural disaster grief sites from the perspective of tourists
Sustainability and Tourism Dissertation Topics
Due to the ever growing environmental concerns among general public and policy makers, this area of tourism has attracted considerable attention of researchers, academicians and scholars in the tourism industry. At its core this field of tourism primarily focuses on the way tourists can live harmoniously with the planet earth. Eco tourist sites or sustainable tourist sites are those that promote fauna and flora and cultural heritage. Another objective of eco-tourism is to provide social and economic opportunities to local communities. Some interesting topics in this area are suggested below:
- To investigate the impact of internet on the growth of eco-tourism in the UK
- Factors affecting British customers’ decision of choosing an eco-tourism site
- To establish and discuss strategies to promote Swansea as the best eco-tourist spot in the UK
- To analyse the role of price in the selection of eco-tourism destinations
- To examine the use of integrated marketing communication tools to promote eco-tourism in Great Britain
- To compare developing world eco-tourism sites against Western eco-tourism sites
- To what extent does eco-tourism develops social and economic opportunities for local communities
- To identify and discuss the factors affecting the buying decisions of customers interested in eco-tourist sites
- To analyse the potential of Edinburg as the next eco-tourism site in the UK
- The impact of grass root level education in promoting sustainable tourism in Europe – A review of the literature
Struggling with your dissertation. Find out which of our dissertation services you can benefit from.
Placing your order with Research Prospect
Placing your dissertation (proposal, outline, part, or full) order is simple. Just complete our online order form and attach relevant files/data along with detailed instructions for our writers. We will get back to you with price quote to complete your project. Your writer will initiate work on your order once we receive your payment. If you have any queries about our services and operating procedures, please fill in the form above.