23 Formal Exploratory Essay Topics You Can Investigate
Most essays require one to convince the reader or to defend the stated facts with efficacious evidence and examples. Nonetheless, exploratory essays focus on exploring a given topic through research and the writer looks at it from distinct points of view. As the writer, you present your best ideas and evidence from both sides and the reader makes up the decision. A good topic should have the following features:
It should have at least two sides
The topic should not be a concrete fact that leaves no room for the reader’s views. However, it should have at least double sides that provide room for arguments. For example, let the readers ask themselves, “Is it true?”
Should be an interesting topic
Many people prefer arguing about something that is more involving than something which engages only a few. The most common topics include politics, medicine and technology among others. Let your topic be brief and precise.
It should be an issue that is not agreed on
This is very straightforward. An efficacious exploratory essay topic should be something that should raise multiple questions which should be answered by the readers.
It should be something to research
To write an effective exploratory essay, one of the most crucial requisite is research. Exploring the topic about allows you to find appropriate evidence about your ideas. Do not choose a topic that limits research. The following are the best exploratory essay topics.
- What does race really refer to?
- Should people conduct DNA test to identify their racial background?
- Class ranking can negatively affect students
- Friends can be more significant than our families
- Women are meliorate care-givers than men
- All schools should be electronic
- Do recycling of waste materials bring any difference?
- Policy changes can affect emission of greenhouse gases
- Teachers are insignificant to schools
- Two parties living together prior to marriage can make a marriage to last longer
- Love is not the key quality to consider when selecting a marriage partner.
- Men contend more than women
- Should gastric bypass be employed as an elementary treatment for Type 2 diabetes?
- Does technological advancement pause danger or it provides solutions to our health?
- Parental divorce negatively affect children
- What is the key cause of family divorce?
- What are the ethical circumstances in sperm production?
- Computers are better teachers than humans.
- Teachers will lose their jobs due to advanced technology
- EBooks are better comprehended than manual textbooks.
- What predisposes one to digital dating?
- Which online dating site is the best?
- The government should proscribe personal laboratories for genetic engineering.
A List Of The Most Popular Exploratory Essay Topics For College
In an exploratory essay you should explore the issue from different points of view. You are not supposed to argue for your position. What you should do is just assess the problem in an unbiased way, provide opinions of different people on the subject, and prove them with strong supporting information.
It is not difficult to find a good exploratory paper topic for college. Pick any popular and controversial issue, and your essay will be a success. The best exploratory essays are the ones that:
- Cover at least two arguable sides;
- Are interesting for discussion;
- Have no agreed position on the subject of discussion;
- Are based on enough research materials on the issue including not only opinions, but factual information as well.
Here is a list of popular topics that fit the requirements of exploratory writing for college the best. Choose any idea that grabs your attention or create your peculiar topic on the basis of suggestions below.
- Can renewable sources of energy fully satisfy our needs in power?
- Can computers teach better than human teachers?
- Are tablets and E-readers to blame for making our eyesight worse?
- Do cell phones cause the brain cancer?
- Should young children be prevented from using social media?
- Should number of government positions be decreased?
- Can our presidency turn into dictatorship?
- Should we change our taxation system?
- Is it necessary that two parents be the family earners nowadays?
- Do adopted children make families stronger?
- How can nanotechnologies improve our environment?
- Can social media be used to teach students in college?
- How do technologies in education improve?
- Do social media negatively affect personal relationships?
- Is online education better than traditional education?
- Is gene screening ethically incorrect?
- How can the heavily polluting countries, like China and India, be made to do less harm to environment?
- Do recycling programs really have any positive effect on environment?
- Why is it important to support the development of electric car technologies?
- What does “Hawk-Eye” technology mean?
- Are nanotechnologies safe?
- Why do food allergies occur more often nowadays?
- Is the problem of global warming exaggerated?
- Why cannot bullying in schools be brought under control?
- Is fast food to blame for obesity among teenagers?
- How do artificial sweeteners affect our health?
- How can college be made more affordable?
- Why should families go to church more often?
- What factors are responsible for children’s bad behavior: genetics or poor upbringing?
- What are the most crucial factors for creating a strong family: love, friendship, or financial advantage?